Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Another Sunny Day

I so enjoy looking out my windows to see the daffodils in bloom. Every room in the house affords a great splash of yellow and green. Even though it is only in the low 40's (F), the sun shines bright on my old Kentucky home, as the song goes. No matter what task or chore is ahead of me, The sun never ceases to make things better.

Spring and Fall always seems like a time to stop and reflect on life; and how precious it all is. It is both melancholy and reassuring at the same time; the death of winter on top of the birth of spring. I guess it is all about balance; of remembering what is lost, and being grateful for what is.

I came across the following quote that really resonated with me:

"From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.
"
--Edvard Munch

So, every flower I smell, each gust of wind, and each ray of sunshine on my face must be from the good side of Eternity.

Ok, enough of being maudlin; time to rake some leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment