Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Seeds are up!



Well, not all of them, but the Swiss chard, the kale and the turnip greens are. The nasturtiums are big, tough, dry seeds, so I had to file the seed coat down and then soak them, so they will be the slowest to come up in this batch.

As I was figuring out my germination calender I discovered I was a month behind on onions! Oh, well, I will tackle them tomorrow and hope for the best this fall. I was really hoping for some bigger bulbs than last year, but even small, they are more fun to eat than what I can buy.

Of course, they are calling for more snow flurries on Wedesday. This is really getting irksome. I don't care how little it snows or how much-I WANT WARMTH! Okay... rant over.



Fiona just loved the snow, so at least someone in this household can appreciate all of Nature. She loves to root around in it, sniffing for who-knows-what.

No comments:

Post a Comment